About Me

My photo
I am a woman, mother and grandmother and love being all three! I have many interests as you will find out if you read all my profile! I would say I am just a normal woman, but I have no idea what normal is. We are all so different but very unique in our own way anyway aren't we? We only have one life this isn’t a dress rehearsal so make the most of it and try and achieve what it is you want in life I treat people they way I wish to be treated and I think most people would agree they would like the same!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Health

Well my grandson is really having a time of it and as the time goes on I am just getting angrier. They have been putting off the biopsy for over a month now hoping that his levels would drop (protein), which they haven’t.

Now they say they will test again end of the week and if the level is still the same they will have to do the biopsy

But in the meantime he is not allowed to run around and play with the other kids He hasn’t been to school incase he has a fall or a knock (all work is brought home for him)

I think the biopsy should have been done long ago instead of all this waiting and watching the little lad going up and down with this darned illness.

Below is what he has !

Nephrotic syndrome is a sign that your kidneys are not working right. You have nephrotic syndrome if you have high levels of protein in your urine, low levels of protein in the blood, and high cholesterol.

Nephrotic syndrome is not a disease. It is a warning that something is damaging your kidneys. Without treatment, that problem could cause kidney failure, so it’s important to get treatment right away.

Nephrotic syndrome can occur at any age, but it is most common in children between the ages of 18 months and 8 years.

1 comment:

MrsS said...

Och what a shame SW and such a worry. Kids are just meant to be kids and when they can't be it's so darned frustrating watching them. Try to keep positive - really positive.

xx